This Call for Expression of Interests is seeking to identify potential beneficiaries to become eligible for Financial and Technical Support within the framework of the project Media Councils in the Digital Age, whose objective is to support and increase the visibility of media self-regulation bodies in Europe, candidate countries and beyond to ensure they play a significant role in Europe in addressing the new challenges of the digital age.
What support will be provided?
One grant of 15000€ will be provided for newly established media councils with maximum 2 years existence along with Technical Assistance for the beneficiaries. The objective of the financial support is to strengthen the capacities of new self-regulatory bodies through support for their initiatives
(1) on improving the organisational capacities of new self-regulation bodies through supporting their initiatives closely related to the status, mission and objectives of their organisations
(2) on promoting and improving ethical journalism and
(3) on organising a body or complaint mechanism where citizens and organizations can make a complaint if they believe there is a violation of journalistic ethics
(4) on encouraging new media self-regulation mechanisms bodies to engage and support into the transition to the online world
The beneficiaries of the financial support will also benefit from Technical Assistance in the form of individual coaching and mentoring from Existing Press Councils consultants. The mentor(s) will coach the grantee in the implementation of the financial support, provide advice and regular assessment of progress made. The consultants will provide maximum 3 days of training/consultancy to the staff and/or the management of the selected beneficiary.
What type of beneficiaries are eligible?
The Financial Support and Technical Assistance programme is open to newly established independent media self-regulatory body that handles complaints of the public about potential infringements of journalistic ethics and makes decisions based on a transparent complaints procedure and a code of journalistic ethics. In order to be eligible for a grant, the interested party must:
- be a legal person
- from a EU member State
- have less than 2 year’s existence as per registration
The Expressions of Interest, including related documents, shall be submitted in English.
The deadline for submission of Expression of Interest is 21st May 2021 16:00 CET.